5 Things to do in Old Town- Kids Edition!
Hey there! Looking for something to do this week in Old Town? Well here’s a few places to start…
1. The Arts Council of York County- Summer Art Camps! Welcome to week 3 of summer art camp where children are learning Classical Drawing and FUNctional Pottery. Stop in to see what seats are available or maybe reserve a spot for week 4 or 5! Allowing children to explore their creativity is just as important as physical exercise so let them get out there and explore!
*Visit yorkcountyarts.org/2018artcamps to book class now! Classes available through July 20th
2. Thursday- Looking for something relaxing to do with the kids? Come out to Fountain Park for the Old Town Farmers Market on Thursday night for FREE yoga in the park. Unwind on the mat 6:30-7:30 pm and then explore local produce, fresh meats, eggs, and seafood in the market afterwards!
*The Old Town Farmers Market at Fountain Park will run every Thursday night 5 - 8 pm though August 30th. Get there early, produce sells out fast! This week’s feature is Peaches… I’m feeling a pie cooling in the window coming on!
P.S Did you know we have a Saturday Farmers Market as well? Check us out at Legal Remedy Brewing every Saturday 8:30 - 12:30 pm through August 18th. Shopping local means you know where your food comes from and your children should too! Help them explore their culinary side by shopping local.
3. Friday- June 29th Nailed It D.I.Y will be hosting Kids Mini Day camp! Mini Day Camps will be held from 10 am-1 pm and packed full of fun, skills, and creativity. Projects will be made using elements from the studio, such as, but not limited to, woods, fabrics, and metals.
*Visit naileditdiy.com/summer-camp to reserve a seat now!
4. Have you been by Main St. Children’s Museum lately? -Fred Rogers said it best “Play is really the work of childhood.” Make-believe in the pumpkin house, climb to the tip-top of the tree house and sail on the magic ship. Enjoy memory-making family experiences and engage your young child in creative, developmental play.
*Did you know Main Street Children’s Museum is inspired by the artwork of American illustrator Vernon Grant, who lived and worked in Rock Hill? He’s also the artist behind the award winning Christmasville winter wonderland!
5. Wednesday- Story Circus (10:30) at the York County Library. Prepare to be amazed, dazzled and bewildered by an exciting storytelling show where stories meet circus! Can you imagine what Balloon Haiku (balloon animals coming to life with haiku), Storygami (storytelling with origami) and storytelling with magic look like? Stories will come together in visual ways inviting interaction and lots of fun. After the stories, children get to make a simple magic trick that they can take home to perform.
*All ages. No registration required. Limited seating.
Mark your calendars and set the reminders and we will see you there!
There’s something for everyone to do in Old Town, even the little ones! Check out the blog every Tuesday for #5thingstodoinoldtown and tag us in your adventures. Catch you around Old Town ya’ll!