5 things to do in old town
Hey there! Looking for something to do this week in Old Town? Well here’s a few places to start…
Think you can see all 5?
1. Food Truck Friday - Food Truck Friday is back! Starting in May, every third Friday of the month enjoy over 25 food trucks, live music, children's activities, and more! Live Bands: • July 20 Trial by Fire • Aug. 17 Bless the Rains • Sept. 21 Radiojacks • Oct. 19 Chunky Daddy • Nov 16 TBD Expect the following Road Closures- • Saluda from Black to Main. • Main from Oakland to Elizabeth. • Elizabeth from Main to Black. Parking in the closure area will be restricted from 6:00 am until midnight. Roads will be closed from just after noon until midnight. See you there!
2. Freedom Walkway - The Freedom Walkway celebrates the striving of the people of Rock Hill and the entire United States of America to achieve the promise of Liberty and Justice for All. At the birth of our nation it was a founding principle that “all men are created equal” and that no person was to be deprived of “life, liberty or property without due process of law.” Swing by this amazing mural, it’s easily accessible by parking in the Millstone parking lot and following the blue walkway lights towards Main St.
See if you can find even more public art while strolling around Old Town. Be on the look over the next few months, there may be more art hopping your way!
3. Thursday night out – Join your fellow friends of Old Town in exploring everything good and local! Start your evening off right by swinging though Main St. Bottle shop for a beer to set the mood right (we encourage anything local and fun!) Then mosey on up to the Old Town Farmers Market at Fountain Park to get your weekly shopping in order. Choose from a variety of fruits, vegetables, local meats and eggs, not to count so much more. Stop by the information table to say hey and say that you read this article (we have a special treat if you do!) After that, head on over to the Historic White Home for Lyrics on the Lawn. Enjoy live music, food trucks, bounce houses, & other great, family fun activities! This event is free to the public and all ages are welcome!
Note: Please no outside food or drinks. For additional information, please call 803-329-1020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Saturday morning pick me up – Join our friends at Knowledge Perk to start the Saturday off right. Might I suggest the cold brew with a pump of Vanilla? Either way you can’t go wrong!
(Oh! And see if you can find our favorite Saturday morning farmers market vendor hanging out. Look for the beard, Our Table Farms has got the baked goods!) Our Table Farms is a regular vendor on Saturday mornings at the Old Town Farmers Market at Legal Remedy!
Saturday hours: 8AM – 3 PM
5. Sunday Stroll – Do you ever take time to enjoy your town? If not, then swing by Old Town for just a little while on Sunday to see what you’ve been missing. There’s a difference between living in town and enjoying your town. Bring a yoga mat to relax in the park or stop by Synergy Yoga and Wellness for a class. Maybe you’re hungry and looking for a bite to eat? Either way, take time to enjoy where you live. You deserve it.
Mark your calendars and set the reminders and we will see you this week!
There’s something for everyone to do in Old Town. Check out the blog every Tuesday for #5thingstodoinoldtown and tag us in your adventures. Catch you around Old Town ya’ll!