5 things to do in old town
Hey there! Looking for something to do this week in Old Town? Well here’s a few places to start…
Think you can see all 5?
1. Food Truck Friday! Visit Old Town this Friday night for awesome food trucks, amazing entertainment, and great community excitement. There are more than 20 food trucks to choose from which means there is something for everyone! Trucks roll into Fountain Park every third Friday at 6pm.
2. Looking to explore a little more while you’re in Old Town? Swing by Old Towns favorite gift store! Overhead Station will be staying open late for your enjoyment. Locally owned and operated, these guys specialize in helping you find the gifts you just HAVE to have! Everything from small batch and detailed soaps to custom cards, they have you covered.
Note: Open till 8:30 Friday night at 212 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
3. Thursday Night at the Farmers Market – Join your fellow friends of Old Town in exploring everything good and local! Visit the Old Town Farmers Market at Fountain Park to get your weekly shopping in order. Choose from a variety of fruits, vegetables, local meats and eggs, and not to count seafood and so much more. This week’s feature is sausage! Stop by Sharron Hills Farms or Ferebee Farms for local and fresh options good at any meal.
The Old Town Farmers Market has two locations!
Thursday Nights: 5 – 8 pm at Fountain Park, June – August
Saturday Morning: 8:30 – 12:30 pm at Legal Remedy Brewing, NOW extended through November!
4. Looking for an adventure? Rent a Comporium bike for a leisure afternoon roll around Old Town after food truck Friday or anytime during the week! These bikes have become a great amenity around the downtown area. Explore local food and drinks without the hassle of parking. Get some fresh air and exercise in route to some place new. Either way, if you haven’t explored the roads of Old Town you should do so this week!
5. Enjoy a day at the library! The York County Library has active programming every day for all ages! Stop by for story time, relax in the corner with a good book or swing by the little free library outside in the amphitheater. It's the season to unplug, cozy up with Knowledge Perk coffee or a hot tea and get back to basics.
“Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are” – Unknown
Mark your calendars and set the reminders and we will see you this week!
There’s something for everyone to do in Old Town. Check out the blog every Tuesday for #5thingstodoinoldtown and tag us in your adventures. Catch you around Old Town ya’ll!