5 things to do in old town
5 things to do in old town
Hey there! Looking for something to do this week in Old Town? Well here’s a few places to start…
Think you can see all 5?
1. ACYC Studio Artists Showcase This unique exhibit explores the works created by the artists working within the studios at the Center for the Arts and Gettys Art Center. With more than 20 artists in the studios, this group show features dynamic artwork that represents a wide variety of media. The Studio Artists Showcase is a preview of what patrons will discover when the artists welcome the public into their open studios during Art Party - Rock Hill, November 15 - 17, 2018. more info | https://www.yorkcountyarts.org/2018studioartshowcase
Exhibition | Nov. 2 - 18, 2018 Free, Public Reception | Friday, November 16 | 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Special event during the reception: Competitive Portrait Drawing Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 | 6 - 7 PM
2. The weather is changing and so are your decorations and wardrobe! Visit Old Town, Rock Hill for holiday décor, fall outfits, your fill of pumpkin spice goodies and so much more. Our wonderful gift shops and eateries have so much to offer so make Old Town your next stop for holiday gifts and treats this season!
Featured stores: Overhead Station, Downtown Artistry, The Newspaper Records and Books, Style Recycled, DIY Nailed It, Friends of the Library Book Store, and more to come soon!
3. Old Town Farmers Market at Legal Remedy Brewing – Join us Saturday morning for our Fall market at Legal Remedy Brewing. Fall features include FRESH Seafood, neck pumpkins, local meats and eggs, LOTS of honey, local produce, and so much more.
Saturday Morning: 8:00 – 12:0 pm at Legal Remedy Brewing, NOW extended through November! *** NOTE: No market Nov. 17th. Please join LRB for the Gobble Wobble.
4. Historic Rock Hill- Experience Death and Dying in the Victorian Age at the historic White Home! Learn about Victorian-era mourning practices and about how the White family mourned. All ages are welcome (but some younger children might find the subject matter to be disturbing). Children will also be able to build their own haunted house! $5 admission
****October 30th & 31st 6-10 pm****
5. BOO- HA- HA - Bring the kids out to enjoy safe free trick-or-treating at more than 35 vendors, the Boo Ha-Ha Dance Party, our annual Costume Contest and take pictures with the sets of your favorite movies. In addition, meet the “Southernbelle” Ghostbusters. Enjoy music and dancing from the “Kilted Creature” from the lagoon. This is NOT a pet friendly event. boohaharockhill.com
Mark your calendars and set the reminders and we will see you this week!
There’s something for everyone to do in Old Town. Check out the blog every Tuesday for #5thingstodoinoldtown and tag us in your adventures. Catch you around Old Town ya’ll!