Searching for a how-to guide on celebrating Independence Day the Rock Hill way? Worry no more, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 things to put the BOOM in the Red, White, and Boom Festival!
1. Red, White, and Boom - Come celebrate Independence Day in Old Town with live music, food, drinks, fireworks, & plenty of fun for the whole family! (Not pet-friendly) Free admission! FEATURING: • Live Music: -Cat 5 - 6:30pm @ Fountain Park -The Tams - 6:30pm @ Amphitheater • Mechanical Rides • Kids' Zone with Inflatables • Food Trucks • Beer/Wine • Ice Cream Eating Contest (with prizes!) • Fireworks at dark (around 9:45pm) *E Black St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
2. Art Walk- take a stroll down Cotton Alley (located next to Wells Fargo), Elk Avenue (connecting Black St. to Main St.), and Freedom Walkway (located next to the 139 Main apartment complex- doubles as a great place for the perfect Instagram photo!)
3. Brewery hop (no pun intended)- there two more breweries in Rock Hill since last year’s Red, White, and Boom Festival! Check out Slow Play, Dust Off, and/or Rock Hill Brewing for some awesome local brews *Slow Play - 274 Columbia Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29730 *Dust Off – 130 W White St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
*Rock Hill Brewing – 121 Caldwell St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
4. Grab a bite to eat- Amelie’s has amazing fresh-baked pastries for those with a sweet tooth, McHale’s has a unique menu with food ranging from classic fish and chips to burgers and wings, and Tattooed Brews, a newly opened spot on Main Street, has made-to-order sandwiches and yummy flat breads!
*McHale’s & Tattooed Brews – 122 and 120 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
*Amelie’s – 157 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730
5. Warehouses on White- looking for a little pick-me-up? Grab a cup of coffee at one of Rock Hill’s newest local gems Knowledge Perk and shop around next door for the perfect cute and sometimes snarky home decor at another new local shop, the Mercantile by Copper Dwelling + Design before heading downtown to relax with Red, White, and Boom’s other festivities. There’s also plenty of parking over here and is located just a short walk from Old Town.
*Mercantile and Knowledge Perk - 130 W White St, Rock Hill, SC 29730